2021 Freedom Classic
The Legacy Center and Legends Volleyball is proud to host the 2021 Freedom Classic. Livingston County is a dynamic area that offers many great small town experiences from boutique shopping, local eats and outdoor activities.
Address: 9299 Goble Dr. Brighton, MI 48116
Parking is FREE! DOORS OPEN AT 6:15a. We will not open them earlier.
Admission: $10/day – there are no weekend tickets. Military discount available with valid ID.
Spectators should bring their own chairs. Concessions with healthy options available onsite for your convenience. Coolers will not be allowed in the Arena. Athletes may bring food and water for personal use in a small lunch bag.
Athletic Trainers will be present onsite near Tournament Central.
If you have more questions, please contact Kristen Althouse, Tournament Director and Director of Legends Volleyball Organization.
Schedules will be released Wednesday night before the event.
** All participants including coaches and chaperones must have current a current AAU membership. This is an AAU-sanctioned event and requires verified AAU memberships.
The Legacy Center is conveniently located next to the I-96 and US-23 corridor that allows athlete’s and their families the opportunity to travel some great spots such as the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), Michigan State University (East Lansing) or the Motor City itself, Detroit. Feel free to check out some Brighton’s more local hot spots below as well:
Here is some information for you to get you through the weekend that we find to be the most important.
- Due to MDHHS capacity guidelines we are limiting spectators to 1 per athlete.
- We have live streaming available through LiveBarn. Another email will follow with more detailed information.
- Some bleacher seating is provided, but chairs are welcome into the building. Chairs are to stay on the cement and not of the wood floors.
- Admissions is $10/day (CASH ONLY!)
- Concession stands with a variety of food will be available throughout the weekend. No coolers are allowed into the facility.
- Fine Designs will be ready to meet your apparel needs.
- Maui Waui will be providing smoothies.
- Our parking lot (including overflow parking) is pretty big so we will send a parking map next week for your convenience of accessing our building the best way possible.
- Water fountains will be available throughout the weekend.
- No sports drinks (Powerade, Gatorade, etc.) or the like are allowed on the wood floors.
- We are following all current MDHHS and Livingston County Health Department Guidelines for keeping everyone safe.
- A negative test result within 7 days of the final day of the event (May 30th) must be completed for all athletes that are between the ages of 13-19. If you have had COVID in the past 90 days or you are 2 weeks (14 days) post final dose of the vaccine, you do not need to test.
- Masks are required for all unvaccinated attendees (coaches, players, spectators, referees, etc.).
- If you are concerned about any of our policies regarding COVID-19, please take advantage of our online streaming through LiveBarn.
- Each team will need to return the attached waiver for their team. Please only fill out 1 per team. Waivers can be returned via email to Darien Bandel (email@example.com)
- Teams will stay on their same side the entire match.
- No pregame or postgame handshakes will take place.
- Sanitizing wipes will be at each score table.
- No balls will be provided for warm-up. Please bring your own.
- Due to this being an AAU sanctioned event, rosters must be turned in on AES as soon as possible and all players and coaches need to be AAU members. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- AAU Rules will be followed.
- Ball will be playable up to the other courts. If a player steps onto another court, the ball will be considered out of bounds, will be a dead ball and the point will be awarded to the other team.
- Place will be determined by (1) matches won, (2) sets won, (3) head to head, (4) points. If there is still a tie, we will do a coin toss between coaches. Due to COVID, we will not have a play off match. If a coach for your team does not show up to the coin toss, you will automatically forfeit and take the lower seed.
- 12 Girls – PM
- 13 Girls – AM
- 14 Club – AM
- 15 Club – PM
- 16 Club – PM
- 16 Premier – AM
- 17/18 Premier – AM