Fall Train & Play
Legends Volleyball and Force Volleyball Club are working together to provide the Fall Train and Play program for experienced middle school players. With weekly trainings on Thursdays and biweekly games every other Sunday, players will get excellent coaching from our top coaches and real game-like experience, with a focus on coaching in the moment.
Dates: October 8 – November 22
Ages: Experienced 6-8 Graders
Fee: $225 / Athlete
A few rules/requests to make this as safe as possible for your player:
- Masks must be worn during entry and exit of the building
- Coaches will be in masks the whole time
- We are checking on the new rules for players and masks – we will send another update before practice starts on Thursday!
- Parents are welcome! If you come, please
- Bring a chair,
- Remain socially distant from others outside your household, and
- Always wear a mask for the duration that you are in the building
Below is a schedule with locations for your reference.
Weekly Training: Thursdays 6-7:30, starting this week
Dates for training at the Legacy Center (9299 Goble Dr, Brighton)
- Dates for training at Shepherd of the Lakes (2101 S Hacker Rd, Brighton, MI)
Game Play + Train: Sundays, starting this week
- Dates at the Legacy Center (9299 Goble Dr, Brighton)
- Dates at Elite Sportsplex (2220 Mall Dr E, Waterford Twp)
Individual Skills Training
Sign up for small group individual skill sessions with top coaches from the Legends Volleyball Organization! We have multiple sessions for individual skills at both a beginner and an advanced level. If you’re not sure which level your player should join, start at beginner and the coaches can assess whether your player is in the right level or not.
Our coaching staff for this fall programming is as follows:
- Cori Crocker, 17 Adidas coach and former Michigan player
- Kristen Althouse, 17 Adidas coach and former Eastern player
- Lindsey Hiemstra, 16 Adidas coach and former college club player
First contact – Passing and serving are the two most important part of the game of volleyball. We work with the athletes to build their ability to read the scene in front of them to make he best moves and choices to the ball. We help work their technique so that it works for each player.
Hitting – During these sessions, you can expect to work on the way your hand connects with the ball, perfecting the arm swing and working on timing the hit itself. Once these 3 things are mastered, you will then be able to work on placing the ball to the perfect open spot on the court!
Setting – Setting is one of the most technical parts of the game. We will break down all the components of the skill first and then build them back together to create the complete setter, one with technique and critical decision making.
4v4 Play – this is a great opportunity to play the game with some friends to learn game strategy as well as tryout all the new skills learned during the training sessions. You will play with many different people throughout, so no need for a team, but definitely bring some friends!
Fall Open Gyms
Legends Volleyball is excited to offer Open Gyms this fall to players in our organization. These open gyms are free, but only open to 2021 Legends players.