To grow the game of basketball through community outreach by providing athletes of all levels the opportunity and experience of world class products, services, and facilities. Training, coaching, and partnerships to enhance every aspect of our program while enabling our student-athletes to fulfill their goals and objectives.
Director of Basketball Operations
- Ann Arbor Pioneer Varsity Girls Basketball 2015- Present
- Common Bond Basketball President 2008 – Present
- Belleville High School Varsity Boys Basketball – 2011 – 2013
- Adrian College Assistant Basketball Coach – 2009 – 2010
- Belleville High School Junior Varsity Basketball Coach 2005 – 2009
- NCAA Division 1 Athlete Drake University 1995 – 1997
- NCAA Division 1 Athlete Central Michigan University 1992 – 1994
Director of Player Development
- Youth Basketball Coordinator Perfecting Church
- Founder, Owner, & Head Trainer of Get Skillz Basketball Training – One of largest basketball training companies in Michigan
- Organized & ran NBA Player Trey Burke Summer Camp (180 kids)
- Five years as a Collegiate Assistant Coach (Concordia University – Ann Arbor) – 106-59 record
- Three years as Collegiate Assistant Coach (Madonna University) – 12-18 first year 19-11 second year 17- 11 third year
- Trained over 25,000 basketball players in which over 1,500 have gone on to play Collegiately or Professionally. Trained Eastern Michigan Women’s Basketball Team 2011-12 MAC Championship Team. Trained Concordia University Women’s Basketball Team 2010-11 WHAC Champions, 2011-12 WHAC Champions, Trained OLV Men’s Basketball Team 2011-12 CYO Champions.
- Run Fundraising Clinics for Public Schools, CYO Schools, Organizations & AAU Teams
- Basketball Consultant to NBA/WNBA, College, Grade School Basketball Players, AAU Teams, High School, College Programs & Coaches.
- Coaching/Athletic Employment: Get Skillz Basketball Training Company 2003-Present Owner, Founder & Head Basketball Trainer
- Founded Get Skillz Basketball Training Company, Specializing in skill development of all positions, Training basketball teams, assisting coaches in structuring competitive practice an improving offensive, defensive concepts & plays. Schedule & direct day-to-day operations develop & improve Get Skillz Basketball Trainers abilities & skills to train and teach clients, in charge of social media & marketing. Develop, direct and operate camps/clinics and fundraising events.
- Notable Players Trained – Wesley Johnson (4th Overall Pick 2010 NBA Draft, Big East Player of The Year), Tavelyn James (MAC Player of Year, All Time Leader in Points at EMU, Naismith Award Winner, USA Women’s Team 2011, Pro) I have trained numerous players from the NBA, Over Seas, College & High School players who have achieved many awards & accolades.
All of our coaches are USA Basketball Certified:
The Coach License Program focuses on educating coaches while ensuring the safety of those with whom the coach may come in contact. The goal is to develop an inclusive basketball community of credible, qualifies, and dedicated coaches and administrators who serve the game.
As a certified coach Legacy coaches agree to the following code of conduct:
To maintain a USA Basketball Coach License or otherwise risk forfeiture, I agree to the USA Basketball Coaches Code of Conduct, which states as follows. I will:
- Conduct myself in a dignified manner relating to emotions, language, attitude and actions
- Act at all times to protect the principles of fun, safety and development of all athletes
- Demonstrate respect for the ability of opponents as well as for the judgment of referees, officials and opposing coaches
- Display control and professionalism at all times under any circumstance
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, including opponents, other coaches, officials, administrators, parents, athletes, and spectators
- Refrain from physical contact with athletes except where necessary for the development of the athletes’ skill(s) or athletic ability
- Be aware and understand the role and influence of a coach as an educator, imparting knowledge of skill as well as proper personal, academic, and social behavior
- Be reasonable in my demands on athletes’ time, energy and enthusiasm
- Provide an opportunity for all athletes to play the sport
- Agree to uphold the Progressive Coaching principles found within the USA Basketball Player Development Model
- Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the level of the athletes
- Seek to learn the latest coaching practices that take into account the principles of growth and development of athletes
- Agree to abide by all applicable USA Basketball rules and regulations, including USA Basketball’s SafeSport policy
Coaching staff bios and pictures coming soon
More info coming soon!
More info coming soon!