Select Baseball Teams
Legacy Baseball Select will be focused on the travel player. Multiple sport athletes are encouraged and supported, and players who primarily focus on only baseball will have more year-round baseball opportunities.
There will be year round opportunities for individuals and teams to improve their mental and physical skills. Select will be focused on player development through a detailed curriculum centered around checkpoints and goals. Players will be challenged through a fun and competitive environment established by our professional staff.
Within Legacy Baseball Select Travel, there are several levels of competition, ranging from AA to Elite Travel teams. Our Professional Staff will work in coordination with each team’s coaching staff to determine what level of play best fits their team. This will determine whether or not the team plays league and the number of local and overnight/distance tournaments they play. Generally, each team has 2-4 overnight, distance tournaments a season. Elite Teams will generally do more overnights and lower level teams mays do less.
To learn more about Legacy Select Teams please Contact Legacy Baseball
- Extensive Winter training in an elite level facility
- Professional coaches training or coaching all teams
- Flexible tournament / league budget
- A focus on development for every individual player
- Fall organization days with specific focus on position play work
- Professional staff to assist with efficient practice plans
Legacy Select Travel Teams receive the following included benefits:
- Game budget to include tournaments (USSSA, Pastime, FAAST, local community, or similar type tournaments) and/or league/umpire fees
- Fall practices on fields and in facilities
- 8-13 weeks of twice a week, Off-Season practices – January through April (Depending on HS ball) (weather permitting)
- One dome/fieldhouse and one batting cage practice a week
- ***for dome practices, teams have space for an additional 30-minute pre-practice warm-up area set up for teams, increasing practice times by a half hour
- Have professional staff to assist coaches with practice plans
- Staff will help run practices for coaches in winter practices up to once a month
- Have a roving instructor to assist with teams’ off-season practices (former collegiate and professional ballplayers)
- Unlimited batting cage facility use for Players during the months of June, July, August, September, & October (Based on Availability-call ahead to reserve cage)
- Late fall/winter indoor time (Dome/Field house)
- Late fall long toss program with Jaeger band arm care routine
- Organizational Sports Testing Days ~ will help to prepare for showcases. Gives athlete a baseline of their skills strengths and weaknesses. Let’s each athlete know the areas they excel at and areas they can focus on for improvement.
- Team Equipment & insurance
- Legacy’s Fields practices, maintenance, and fees included
- Rained out practices moved to training center – cages (when available)
- Legacy Baseball players who are playing in a Legacy ran Baseball tournament, their family members do not pay gate fees. ***(Tournament companies who rent facilities do not apply. Example: Game Day Tournaments are not ran by Legacy)Trained and Certified Coaches
- Legacy baseball staff “Age Group Coordinators” are assigned to age groups. They are easily accessible and an invaluable resources for coaches and teams.
- Coaches clinic to ensure all coaches are proficient, organized, & prepared (practice plans, ideas, structure, etc.)
- Coaches manual with practice plans, pitch count guidelines, rules, guides, etc.